As an Interior Design student on this Bangalore University course you will learn about the functional areas of the profession, including design tools, design methodologies and design philosophies, allied to decision-making and effective presentation processes. The program will develop your creative and analytical skills, advance your knowledge of professional design and ethical values, and enhance your abilities in graphic and oral communication.
You will acquire knowledge of interior building systems, codes and appropriate materials, and a proven ability in the fundamentals of interior design, while developing your understanding of the economic, social, constructional, and legal environments in which the practice of interior design operates.
|Duration||3 years for Regular students / 2 years for Lateral Entry|
|Eligibility||• For 1st Semester – II PUC or 10+2 (Arts, Science or Commerce)
• For 3rd Semester (Later Entry) – 3 year Diploma in ADFT/ Textiles/ Handlooms/ Custom Design & Fashion
• Construction Materials-I
• Colour concepts in Interiors
• Construction Materials-II
• History of Interiors
• Interior Services-I Lighting
• Space planning in Interior Design
• Construction and Detailing-I
• Estimation costing and specification in interiors
• Soft Furnishings
• Furniture Designing
• Model Making & Google Sketch Up
• Life Style & Accessory Design
• In-house Training
• Working Drawing & Signage Graphics
• Gardening and Landscaping
• Ergonomics in Interiors
• Interior Design Project
*Internship will be carried out either with architects or interior designers for a period of 30 days during vacation between fourth and fifth semesters with a report to be prepared during the fifth Semester.